Car sighting: 7up edition in columbia MD? Is that anybody in here?

edited August 2009 in Feature Mustangs
Hi all,

Well, the good news is that my 92 feature is back on the road :D . It turned out that the misterious coolant leak that at one points i thought was the head gaskets, was really just a REALLY bad radiator. The coolant seemed to evaporate though before hitting the ground...until the leak got so bad it starting making puddles in the driveay. In any case....

i was driving the feature car today, went to lunch with a co-worker and I saw what i think it was a 7-up edition. This was in Columbia, MD...near Apple ford and the Green Turble (bar). I'm wondering if it's anybody here. The car had some bikes in a bike rack in the trunk.

I saw the person, and it may have just been me...but it seemed taht the person driving that green mustang also recognized the bright red feature edition car.

Comments

• It had a bike rack on the back of it? Wow... I dont know what to say..
  • yeah it was one of the removable ones.

All this made me wonder if we have any club window stickers. It would be tricky to put it in the already small rear windshield...but perhaps a small sticker in one of the rear quarter windows would be cool
  • I agree.. We should have a club sticker, just the little white fox emblem would be awesome. John? How do you feel about that?
  • What if you have a yellow/black feature? Not all of us own a triple white fox or white interior. I think it would look silly.
  • What if you have a yellow/black feature? Not all of us own a triple white fox or white interior. I think it would look silly.
    I'm with you. Bang out some yellow foxes as well. Take care.
  • Nah, Dont make them in Yellow. Make them in Black and White. So that we can put them in the back windows to match the top.
  • I just think you should offer a choice of color. You know variety the spice of life.
  • Good topic. Sorry I haven't responded but I just today got back from a little vacation. There was no internet access where I was staying so I was limited to accessing this site and email via my phone. And, it's no smartphone.

Actually, I did a fox sticker some time ago when I first started on Cafepress. I did it because I wanted the running fox on my daily driver at the time.

foxSticker.jpg

I did one each with a white, yellow and red background.

More recently, I have used the same sticker but cut out the fox to get a more custom look. I don't have it on my Mustang but I do have it on one of our daily drivers.

foxStickerCutout.jpg

But, a more general club sticker is a great idea. The mention of colors brings me to a larger issue that has been nagging at me since Carlisle 2008. That is the identity of this site and the potential perception from just the name that it is oriented mainly toward triple whites. Since it is kind of off the original topic of this thread I am going to start a new one and move the discussion of a club/web site identity over there.

In the mean time, there are stickers for sale on Cafepress. Realize though, that they might be changing, if I make a decision to add some text to identify our "club." Realize also that they are relatively expensive at $3.49 + 1.25 shipping. If this idea were to take off I could forsee that I would have a batch printed and mail them out myself.